The Georgia E. Gregory Interdenominational School of Music, Inc. is a non-profit, faith-based charitable performing arts institution, established –
- To provide a safe, creative facility where at-risk inner city youth can experience social, cognitive and cultural development through music and the performing arts in the underserved community of North Philadelphia.
- To provide a venue for adults to be trained in music and development of music careers.
- To provide quality music education / training to schools and organizations in our community through our GEGISOM YOUNG SCHOLARS PROGRAM)
- Since COVID19, March 2020, GEGISOM expanded programming to address hunger -insecurity with food distribtuions and health and wellness partnering with the Philadelphia Department of Health in our underserved Upper North Philadelphia community.
GEGISOM’S Core Programs Include:
- Indivudal & Group Music / Dance Instruction on and off site Piano, Organ, Keyboard, Guitar, Percussion, Violin, Voice, Handbells Classes and Ballet, Hip Hop and Praise Dances.
- Drama Classes on and off site.
- All dance classes on or off site.
- Music Tech Classes on and off site where students can create and record music.
- Summer Music Camp
- Camp Youth Leadership Program
- Out of school music education programming.
September to June Class Times
Hip Hop Saturdays 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Saturdays: Noon – 1:00 PM
Thursday 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM Saturday: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Monday 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Tuesday 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Wednesday 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Strings Wednesday 3:30 PM – 6:00 PM
Wednesday 3:30 PM – 6:30 PM